Vineyards frost protection
Did you know that 71% of the world's grape production is used for wine? According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), 75,866 square kilometers of the world is dedicated to grapes and the total worldwide wine production comes to 31 billion liters.
Late spring frosts are one of the greatest challenges vine growers are facing. Non-heated vines can suffer considerable inflorescence damages (up to 50%), whilst heated vines will have dramatically improved protection of harvest loss or damage and reduce the losses to approximately 13-20%.
Worldwide, the grape and wine industry rely on three main alternatives for frost protection: frost fans, sprinklers, and candles.
Electric Heating solves the challenge with energy efficient systems using Electric Heating cables to protect vines against frost damage. Vineyard Frost Protection by Danfoss is a sustainable solution for a green and clean future through low energy consumption during the frost period allowing to safe up to 87% of harvest. Vineyards frost protection by Danfoss is an ideal solution for any vineyard dimension.
Top performers working to keep frost out of vines are: DEVIsnow™ and DEVIsafe™ heating cables and installation accessories. Selected cables are high quality resistive twin conductor heating cables with cold connections. Developed to resist chemical fertilizers and corrosion, the high pulling strength UV stable cables are allowed to work in severe conditions and are covered by 20-year Warranty.
- An energy-efficient solution using electric heating cables
- Easy, fast and reliable installation
- A customized approach to meet your needs, area of vinery and number of rows
- Proven high saving impact compared to the existing methods
- A low-carbon solution that respects the environment and makes no harm to the landscape
- A solution adapted to wine-growing practices (leaving space for people and machinery)
- 20-year warranty offered for heating cables
- Safety of use
- No need to pay for rent of alternative equipment or candles yearly due to minimum maintenance requirements
- Crop loss reduction to 13-20%
- Quick return on investment with fixed price per hectare
- Increasing output of your vinery
- Silent solution that doesn’t disturb the neighbors
- Consider your vinery’s geographical position and temperature fluctuations to choose the corresponding power necessary per meter
- Indicate length of each row of vines
The heating cables by Danfoss are installed along the main trellising wire of the vines
- Contact EH@Danfoss.com for technical support
The largest producers of wine in the world vary from year to year, the current leaders being Spain, Italy, France, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina, Chile and Australia.
Wine grapes mostly grow between the 30th and the 50th degree of latitude, in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres. Grapes will sometimes grow beyond this range, thus a small number of wines are made in some rather unexpected places.
With environmentally friendly, electric protection solutions for vineyards, you can choose the vinery’s corresponding power necessary per meter, according to its geographical position and temperature fluctuations.
For more information contact our Electric Heating Team: email@example.com